Thursday, November 6, 2008

Festival - Spoken Poetry

Mason did an AWESOME job at the festival today!!! He and a classmate did a spoken poetry duet called "The Troll". They REALLY got into it, didn't rush the pace, and both spoke so expressively! I am sooooo proud! They got a mark of 90 and we've been informed they were chosen to receive an award at the highlights session :D :D :D

Tomorrow is the Class Dance event, I always love watching Mason in that, too, he has such good rhythm. He said his teacher singled him and one other boy out during practice pointing out to the other kids how in time they are.

Festival....great memories....but, why do I STILL get a churning stomach even when I'm not performing anymore??? There's something about that long silence in between when the adjudicator (ajudicator?) is busy writing comments and you're waiting for the next name to be called. Or she's getting close to your turn to listen to her remarks. Yep, still had those feelings today :)

Nash is also participating in the festival this year. He also had the nerve to go up in front of an audience (I know, shocking) and recited a poem entitled "Safe?". He did it HIS way, wouldn't listen to me when I suggested he should maybe slow down or speak louder. Never thought we'd have a problem with Nash being "too quiet"!!!! But at least he got up there! For both Nash and Mason, participating was optional. So, I'm proud of both of them for volunteering!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: